Teaching children to passionately love God, His Word and all people, and training them to become leaders who will impact and change the world for God.
Parents, before any other institution, are responsible for the spiritual nurturing of their children. Our goal is to partner with parents in providing a solid spiritual foundation upon which to train up the children in the ways of God. To supplement the ongoing nurturing, training, and education provided by parents, we see value in the following:
- Teach major narratives, themes, and the central message of the Bible.
- Apply scriptural teachings to everyday situations children face.
- Teach about the three unique persons of the Godhead: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Foster an environment of worship and prayer
- Cultivate the fruits and gifts of the Spirit in those who have accepted Christ as their Savior.
- Help children memorize key Bible verses.
- Instill a respect for the God-given authorities in their lives.
- See godly friendships form and a respect for others nurtured.
- Help children understand the Gospel and how to share it with unchurched friends.
- Provide a creative, safe, and fun environment in which children are loved, accepted and acknowledged as beloved children of God.
Southlands’ mission is to be a Gospel-centered, Spirit-empowered community on mission and we believe our children have a significant role to play within our mission.
Our children are very valuable to us, and it is our highest priority to ensure their well-being and security. To ensure your child’s safety, children will ONLY be released to the pre-assigned parent/care giver.
All the children meet at the start of the morning for worship and play in our common area before they head upstairs for a time of learning and activities together. Upstairs, all children are in the same room together, but we separate them at different tables according to ages so that they can work on age appropriate activities.
These simple guidelines help keep Children’s Ministry a safe and secure environment for each child:
- All children must be checked in prior to the start of service.
- Please place the printed out name tag on your child.
- For the protection of all children, please do not bring your child to class if they exhibit any of the following:
- Fever in the last 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- Any unexplained rash
- Cloudy or green runny nose
- Persistent cough
- Symptoms of common childhood illnesses: chicken pox, strep throat, pinkeye, etc.
Are you interested in serving in Children’s Ministry? Click here to sign up! All volunteers must apply, provide references and undergo a background check.